The Pipe Wrap® composite repair system, a durable, easy-to-use, pipe repair solution, protects against corrosion, abrasion, and impact in piping applications including petroleum refineries, chemical handling and mining. The Pipe Wrap® material, which is designed to repair leaks up to 450 psi, works underwater and is resistant to heat and harsh chemicals. It is impregnated with fiberglass tape that adheres to PVC, metal pipes and more.
Attribute– Tensile Modulus
Method– ASTM D638
Value– 659,206 psi
Attribute– Compression Modulus
Method– ASTM D695
Value– 53,450 psi
Attribute– Compression Strength
Method– ASTM D695
Value– 13,755 psi
Attribute– Working Time
Value– 3-5 minutes
Attribute– Cure Time
Value– 30 minutes
Attribute– Shelf Life
Value– 2 year
1. Position and Secure Compression Seal
Seal and clamp leak. Mark the repair zone and abrade the surface using the emery strip. Solvent wipe the repair area.
2. Apply Load Transfer Putty to Clams
Knead the epoxy putty until uniform, then apply to the clamp – eliminate sharp edges and form a transition area for composite application.
3. Apply Epoxy Primer
Mix and apply a 30 mil coating of epoxy primer. Allow the paste to thicken for 10-15 minutes – a “peanut butter” consistency is desired.
4. Apply Pipe Wrap®
Apply provided Pipe Wrap® using the cigar wrap method. A topcoat may be applied after two hours.
Click here to review the technical data sheet
- Read Case Study of Pipe Wrap® – Underwater Structural Strengthening: http://infrastructure.milliken.com/site/user/files/40/Antioch-TN-Case-Study-SplashGuard.pdf
- Read Case Study of Pipe Wrap® – Truss SPAR: http://infrastructure.milliken.com/site/user/files/40/Case-Study_OGI_Pipe-Wrap_Gulf-of-Mexico_1015.pdf
- Read Case Study Pipe Wrap® RidgeBack – Fresh Water Line: http://infrastructure.milliken.com/site/user/files/40/Case-Study_OGI_Pipe-Wrap-RidgeBack_Northern-AZ_1015.pdf